Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Morning, woke up just in time to be late for 7:30 Mass, so I decided to go to one of the later times. The day was beautiful. The rays of light streaming through the yellowish array of the oaks, putting out their pollen, came down to the lemon-lime grass spotted with patches of Carolina Buttercups. I was sent to the store for bacon and cheese, and whisked away a half dozen gorgeous roses I spotted on sale for two dollars, with thoughts of arranging them for the Our Lady of Guadalupe statue at the front door.

After Mass I found two! Dresses which fit (with minor adjustments), and went to the knee. I am so happy I have a dress I can feel comfortable in and wear every day. So many dresses in my size are thin, short and/or look like they are for special occasions only.

At home I followed a recipe for lunch. I am not on a diet by any means, but this dish was satisfying and refreshing. Roasted carrots with parsley and feta cheese: Wash and peel carrots, slice into chunks at an angle. In a walled pan toss carrots with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix in chopped parsley (or cilantro), and feta cheese. Simple, fast, and delicious.

Hmm, Do I sound too positive today? People all around me were complaining, were anxious, and were not feeling well. How can you help people who have difficulty letting go of their troubles and need to just Trust in God and do what they need to do, or need comfort and help you can't necessarily give? Well first I guess, do what I can and then, Trust in God for the rest.

No comments: